Thursday, December 3, 2009

~ Silent night!

And Santa whispered, "Teach the children the true meaning of Christmas…"


The Star: A heavenly sign of prophecy fulfilled long, long ago- The shining hope of mankind.


The Color Red: The first color of Christmas, symbolizing the Savior's sacrifice for all.


The Fir Tree: Evergreen- the second color of Christmas shows everlasting light and life. The needles point up to heaven.


The Bell: Rings out to guide lost sheep back to the fold, signifying that all are precious in His eyes.


The Candle: A mirror of starlight, reflecting our thanks for the star of Bethlehem.



The Gift Bow: Tied as we should all be tied together in bonds of goodwill forever.


The Candy Cane: Represents the shape of the shepherd's crook, used to bring lost lambs back to the fold.


•.The Wreath: A symbol of the never ending eternal value of love… having no end

Today is a special day...

true meaning of Christmas from here

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this.
    Christmas is such a lovely and magical time, for me.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet I'm so exited about christmas this year. Next week I'm getting the house ready for it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely acknowledgements of the meanings associated with this special time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a couple of these fact I didn't know and you have reminded me to hang my wreath on my front door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, this is all so beautiful!
    xo

    ReplyDelete