Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on tufted floor"




There are moments when the world sparkles, when the stars seem luminous & hope inevitable. Then there are moments when to get to the very next second seems a task of impossible proportion. Moments when words aren't enough. Moments when the heart weeps...For those who do suffer, for those who have suffered, for the help you are too helpless to impart...And yet, it is in those moments it seems we are "Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkle on the tufted floor" {Edgar Allen Poe}. Sometimes in the form of a courageous helicopter, barely visible overhead, sometimes by the gentle hand of a heart that cares. The acts that show the God of heaven hears our prayers, & sends the help we are so incapable of doing without.

As i type, tears drip from my eyes that i can barely see. when we read this "A badly burnt man and his daughter turned up at a property where Marie Jones was staying. He had skin hanging "off him everywhere".

The man told her: "Look, I've lost my wife, I've lost my other kid, I just need you to save (my daughter)."
& to see these photos...
it is all we can do to care one for another with utmost love

Today my cheeks are wet with unspoken prayers

1 comment:

  1. I just adore that photo! What a wonderful man
    to give him the water, I heard the little guy
    drank 3 bottles. Hope you and your loved ones
    are safe. Sending prayers from here.
    Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete